Kristen from Tales of 3 Teachers shares one of her favorite time saving (and super delicious) meal prep ideas below!
Living a busy lifestyle makes it difficult to eat healthy. One of the best things I have ever started is meal prepping. I decided to try something new and made these amazing oatmeal jars. Not only are they delicious, but they last well over 10 days!
You can make many different combinations, and they only take a couple minutes to make. They’re great for breakfast, lunch, dessert or a snack!
To start you will need to buy the following:
- Mason Jars– as many as you want to make
- Freeze dried fruit– I bought a variety of flavors from Trader Joe’s. This is the best type of fruit for the job because it will last a long time and once you put the water/milk in, it turns into a soft and delicious treat.
- Toppings/filling– If you like a sweeter oatmeal consider shredded coconut, sugar, cinnamon or chocolate. If you like crunchy, try gluten-free granola, almonds or these peanut butter clusters. If you’re like me, you will need it all!
- Gluten-free instant oatmeal
- Put your freeze dried fruit and fillings into a serving dish to make assembly quicker.
- Add a cup of oatmeal into the jars. I stirred in sweetener prior to adding it in the mason jars to make it a little easier.
- Add your fillers and freeze dried fruit.
- Put the lids on and close them tight!
- When you’re ready to eat your oatmeal, add a cup of water/milk and heat for 1 minute in the microwave. If you like your oatmeal a bit “soupy,” add more milk/water. Stir, cool and your ready to eat. ENJOY!
Below are some combinations I made for the week:
- Raspberry Choco Loco– granola, raspberries & chocolate chunks.
- Chunky Monkey– granola, bananas, chocolate chunks & peanut butter clusters
- Apples & Cinnamon– granola, cinnamon & apples
- Tropical Oasis– granola, coconut, chocolate chunks & mango
I hope these oatmeal jars make your life a little easier and more delicious!
Tales of 3 Teachers includes so much more than just teaching! As teachers we have lives OUTSIDE of teaching where we cook, DIY, party plan and so much more. We love sharing all of our ideas from both inside and outside of our classrooms. Be sure to check us out at www.talesof3teachers.com.