In the spirit of the new year, many people are resolving to live healthier lifestyles. We are no exception here at FMGF, and we look forward to celebrating January 2017 with the theme New Year, Healthy Living. With so many ways to live “healthier,” we’ve narrowed down 5 easy ways to focus on wellness. Check it out!
1. Drink Water– Most people know that drinking eight cups of water a day reaps impressive benefits, such as the potential to improve joint health and weight loss efforts. When we’re not constantly reminded of the advantages, however, we tend to slack off on our water consumption. Here’s a friendly reminder from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
2. Start Your Day with Lemon Water– Perhaps the most overlooked healthy practice is drinking lemon water every morning. It effectively provides your body with vitamins and minerals, as well as aids digestion (which many of us gluten-free folk can surely benefit from)!
3. Rock Your Gluten-Free Diet– When eating gluten free, it’s easy to fall into the trap of relying on processed gluten-free items. It’s always nice to enjoy a treat now and then, but don’t forget about all the naturally GF foods such as fruit, veggies, meat, brown rice and nuts.
4. Sneak In Exercise– We get it, it’s tough to squeeze in daily trips to the gym- especially when juggling work, social commitments, and “me time.” Instead of giving up on your fitness goals altogether, try incorporating some of these practices into your busy day. Another easy way to get your heart pumping is by taking the stairs whenever possible.
5. Catch Some ZZZ’s– Getting 7-9 hours of sleep every night will make a huge difference in your productivity and attitude. Don’t underestimate the energy it will give you to tackle 2017!
Happy New Year! Wishing you all a healthy and happy 2017.