Traveling can be a bit overwhelming… especially for someone following a gluten-free diet. Once you’ve made it to your destination, Find Me Gluten Free can help you locate safe restaurants near you…but what about during your travels? We’ve come up with a list of gluten-free and travel-friendly snack ideas that won’t leave you hungry! Plan ahead and throw a couple of these items in your suitcase before your next trip… you’ll be happy you did!
1. Fresh fruit– unsliced apples & bananas travel pretty well. Pack an individual serving of almond butter or peanut butter for an even tastier snack! Can’t eat nuts? Try Soy Butter or SunButter
2. Nuts or trail mix– Trader Joe’s has a great selection of trail mix, or you could make your own! Add your choice of nuts, dried cranberries, dried cherries, Cinnamon Rice Chex, gluten-free pretzels, air-popped popcorn, and some dark chocolate chips.
3. GoPicnic box– these are mini meals in a box. Perfect for a long plane or car ride! Make sure to buy the gluten-free version. GoPicnic is available in many stores, including Target, and at most airports.
4. Dried fruit– if you’re worried about your fruit spoiling over a long trip, opt for dried fruit instead! Dried mangos, cranberries, blueberries and banana chips are some of our favorites.
8. Hard boiled eggs– bring on the protein and healthy fats!
9. Pop Chips– Talk about yummy flavors… and around 120 calories per serving. Score!
10. Dark chocolate bar– if you’re craving chocolate, dark is the way to go. Pascha Chocolate is organic and free from peanuts, nuts, dairy, soy, eggs, fish, wheat and gluten. Enjoy Life also has many chocolate bars that will meet your allergen-friendly needs.